This blog will be short, mostly photos, I think! Later this week I will post a good update.
I'm burnt out.
I've come down with a cold. Luckily it's not the stomach flu or some odd travel sickness.
I'm grateful for that, just unfortunately stuck with an incessantly runny nose and an irritating, super loud cough. It's weird that I can get a cold in this kind of weather! The heat hasn't been unbearable, but the temperature definitely seems to be increasing (apparently the dry season is approaching). I thought about getting a thermometer somewhere, but figured it'd just be in Celsius anyway and who wants to do that conversion each time I'm curious about the weather temp?! So like other Ghanaians, I've started to become accustomed to not knowing the exact time or temperature, due to not having the resources at my finger tips (like at home: the mac, my ipod or cell). WELL I'm sick and I'm afraid I've made two little ones sick, too!
:/ I know their tolerance to germs is much different than that of kids in the States,
but it still makes me sad to know that Lydia's cough might be my fault. Hopefully not, but today I mostly was out of the classroom. Tomorrow or Friday I'll be back, -- of course, since it's Halloween and I have a suuuuuper fun lesson plan. I'll be taking lots of pics! Happy Halloween!
Hope all is well with everyone back home!
Lots of love to you all and thanks for the prayers and
good thoughts sent my way! :)
-Emmy
Please enjoy these photos for now...
some of my students

Professor - "Prof"

Forgive

Stephen

Junior

Mommi

Calvin

Belial

Laura

Wendy

Nazra! Nazra! Nazra!
She loves her name...
and pictures of herself.
She loves her name...
and pictures of herself.
Janet, Rahil, and Raphael (new students!)
Elijah, Isaac, and David

Manuella! my baby girl across the street :)
Shouldn't she be mine?!

Prof and Emmanuela

More painting.

Learning to wash-- the Ghanaian way!

D-A-

Naptime! Not used to this "school" thing
Ishmaelou, Amanda, and Bilad

I'm trying...

My alphabet!

Stephen, enjoying his juice during break time.

It's getting there!
~
xo







6 comments:
Emmy! The paint job is beautiful! I'm a proud mama!
And those children are beautiful. What a joy...
mom why is your name Michael? lol
love you
Em! I love your blog! Thanks for letting me see it. Your awesome! Keep up the great work out there!
Emmy...what an amazing experience for you and for those little babies. I am so very proud of you!love you Miss Emily!
Cousin Emily, Auntie Paula shared your blog with us California Montoya family. Those kids are adorable, and as beautiful as you described in your previous posts. You are definitely inspiring... Keep it up love. -Maura Dumas
Emm, I am thinking about you this evening, hoping you are well and thriving in your work and all you are learning. Happy Thanksgiving to you and much love from the Matthysse cousins, Uncle John and Aunt Paula
Post a Comment